Craving Chinese Food? You can make your take-out, and keep your skinny jeans, too. This totally gluten-free, paleo-friendly, good for you dish can be made in 15-minutes.
It’s so simple, calling for just five basic ingredients. It’s quick, needing just 15 minutes.
And it’s good. So good. Burn your face off good. Dragon breath good.
Paleo eaters can cut the Sriracha sauce by tossing in Korean Red Pepper Flakes, or stirring in premade Kimchi.
The rest of you cats? Stick to the Sriracha. It’ll give you a bit of sugar in your day, but you can counteract that by making a healthy dessert that doesn’t need a snit of the stuff.
Get yo’ spicy on. Then, come back for more Take-Out Eats. Simplified.
You’re gonna need your chopsticks.
2 (8 ounce) cans bamboo shoots, drained
3 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
3 cups French green beans
1 pound finely-sliced flank steak (or 1 package firm tofu, sliced)
½ cup sriracha (rooster) sauce (or Korean Red Pepper Powder)
1. Pat bamboo shoots dry between clean paper towels.
2. In a wok, heat oil over medium-high heat.
3. Toss in shoots and green beans.
4. Stir-fry until beans are tender, about 5 mins.
5. Toss in steak & sriracha.
6. Let the steak sear about 2-3 minutes
7. Garnish with cilantro or chopped peanuts, if desired.
MAKE IT VEGAN| Swap in tofu for the steak.