I recently sat down with Marly McMillen for her brilliant podcast, Chopped. Bringing together some of the brightest voices in Food Blogging, her show offers an inside glance at top-notch talent. It was a pleasure to talk shop with her.
If you've ever wanted to build your own online brand, become a blogger or watch the best HBO series in the world, you simply must listen to this episode of Chopped.
Here are some of the highlights, we discuss:
- How I started my blog
- How my goal when I first started was to make $500/month
- My philosophy on food photography
- Why I decided to focus on growing her email list
- My strategy for tripling my email list in less than a year
- All about my site redesign
- Have you ever heard of pivoting? I discuss this and tell you why you don’t have to be stuck with the same mission for your blog
- My favorite social media platform. It’s a new one.