I love healthy food. But I don't always love eating healthy. Mostly, I crave chocolate and Trader Joe's Scandinavian Swimmers. But that is a secret I don't divulge online.
So this morning, in a fit of breakfast rage, I realized I didn't want to eat an egg or banana or smoothie. I wanted to eat chocolate.
So I made breakfast chocolate. In the blender. It's high protein, just a smidge of sugar. And it's freaking delicious. But don't take my word for it. Make chocolate. Eat breakfast. You deserve.
5-Ingredient High Protein Breakfast Chocolate
Read more behind-the-scenes story of this recipe on Instagram @cheekykitchen
4 servings | 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup creamy maple almond butter (vanilla or chocolate works, as well)
- 1 scoop plant-based chocolate protein powder
- 2 Tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- stevia (optional)
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. (If mixture isn't soft enough to form a thick, doughy ball, add melted coconut oil 1 tsp at a time until the right consistency). Form into a 1" high rectangle. Refrigerate or freeze until firm. Slice into 8 squares. Enjoy with coffee.
FLAVOR BOOSTERS: This simple recipes benefits from all sorts of easy add-ins. Try one of these:
- Mocha Chocolate. Add 1 Tbsp coffee grounds
- Vanilla. Add 1 Tbsp vanilla bean paste
- Double Chocolate. Fold in 2 Tbsp mini Enjoy Life! chocolate chips
- Plant-based Protein. Add 1-2 Tbsp hemp hearts to the blender.
- Crunchy Coco. Add 2 Tbsp cacao nibs to the blender.
- Sea Salt & Chocolate. Add a generous pinch of Maldon salt flakes to the blender.