Day 94573895 of New Year's carb craving. So I finally gave in.
Whipped up a big, gorgeous skillet of fried ravioli, then tossed in all of the spring green favorites--asparagus, peas and scallions.
And I should have stopped there. But there was gruyere in the fridge.
And crisp fried onions.
And fresh chives and dill.
(The kids didn't like the dill. So=you've been alerted).
Cheesy Fried Ravioli Skillet with Spring Peas and Asparagus
4-6 servings | 15 mins
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 26 oz refrigerated ravioli (I used Trader Joe's Roasted Cauliflower Ravioli)
- 10 oz asparagus
- 8 oz fresh spring peas, shelled
- 6 oz (1 large bunch) scallions, finely diced
- salt to taste (I used Maldon Smoked Sea Salt)
- 1/2 half and half or broth
- 1/4 shredded provolone (Or I used the Swiss Gruyere mix from Trader Joe's)
- 1/3-1/2 cup shaved parmesan
- 1/4 cup fried onions
- fresh chopped chives and/or dill
- salt & pepper to taste
In a large, deep-sided skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, cooking for 30-seconds or so, until aromatic. Toss in ravioli, spread among the bottom of the pan and let the cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip quickly with a metal spatula and fry on the other side until golden brown. Toss in peas and asparagus and scallions, stir fry just until crisp-tender. Salt to taste, drizzle with half and half, sprinkle with provolone. Cover skillet, turn heat to medium and allow to cook just until cheese melts. Garnish with fresh parmesan, onions, chives and dill (if desired). Salt and pepper to taste.