When you decide to go grain-free and gluten-free, there are a few fine pleasures you sorely miss. Toast is one. And crepes are another. You can guess pancakes and french toast are a close second. But, we’ll get to those on another day.
For today, I’ve GOT to share our superquick Paleo Crepe recipe, because I’ve told so many hundreds of people how simple they are, then left the conversation sure that they’ll never even give them a go, because I didn’t give them a recipe.
So here it is. The world’s simplest recipe for the world’s most delicious Paleo Crepes. Egg, Banana, Coconut Milk. That’s it. Those three snappy-fast, whole-food ingredients are all you need to make a piping hot homemade breakfast. If you’re concerned about the banana in the mix mussing up the tender, crepe-like flavor, don’t worry. Stick to slightly green bananas and you wont even notice anything but golden crepe goodness.
FAVORITE HEALTHY CREPE TOPPINGS
Once you’ve prepped your crepes, stuff ’em with any of your favorite add ins. Here are a few of our all-time favorite crepe combos:
- Sliced Bananas & Maple Syrup
- Strawberries, Sour Cream & Maple Syrup
- Raspberries, Lemon Curd & Cream
- Blueberries, Almond Butter & Honey
- Scrambled Eggs & Salsa
- Pesto, Tomatoes & Pine Nuts
- Sauteed Mushrooms and Crisp Onions
- Melted Dark Chocolate & Orange Slices
- Hummus & Tzaziki
- Ricotta, Honey, Oranges & Fresh Mint
- Garlic Sauteed Spinach & Parmesan
With your whistle whet, it’s time to get you this recipe! All you need are three basic ingredients and one blender. That’s it! No whisking. No mixing. Just blend, cook, and serve. You’re grain-free crepe life just got gooood!
3-INGREDIENT PALEO CREPES
Quick and simple, these 3-Ingredient Paleo Crepes cook up into perfect, lacy pancakes. Serve with your favorite fillings--berries, cream, Nutella, and beyond!
Prep Time 5 min
Cook Time 10 min
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut or almond milk
- *coconut oil for cooking
- Mix all ingredients in a blender. Batter should be thin. Pour into a nonstick ceramic skillet with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or butter heated until melted over medium heat.
- Use a spoon, if needed, to spread the batter very thin in the pan. Once the bottom browns, flip with tongs or a spatula, and cook the other side until golden brown. Top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!